I should be about 10 miles into the Great Pumpkin ride in Evansville Indiana right now and not in front of my computer, but we all had other things to do. I’m actually not that surprised that I didn’t go, it’s an excellent ride, but road riding hasn’t really been on my plate much this summer.
So since I’m not at the ride I’ve got plenty of time to blog about Ringo. My wife loves the Beatles, I kind of like them too. We’ve seen several different Beatles tribute bands, but this was our first chance to see an actual Beatle. I’ve been to the Fox Theater in St. Louis a couple times, but my wife had never been and it’s really a sight, like the name says, it’s Fabulous.
Ringo and his All-Star band currently contains
- Ringo Starr – vocals, drums, percussion, keyboard on “Don’t Pass Me By”
- Steve Lukather (Toto) – vocals, lead and rhythm guitar
- Gregg Rolie (Santana and Journey) – vocals, organ, keyboards
- Todd Rundgren (Nazz, Utopia and The New Cars) – vocals, lead and rhythm guitar, bass guitar on “You Are Mine”, percussion on “Bang the Drum All Day”, harmonica, keyboard on “Love is the Answer”
- Richard Page (Mr. Mister) – vocals, bass guitar, acoustic guitar on “You Are Mine”
- Warren Ham (Bloodrock and AD) – vocals, saxophone, percussion, keyboards
- Gregg Bissonette (David Lee Roth)– drums, percussion, backing vocals
I haven’t been to a concert since 2001, but there were strict rules about cameras and recording devices in every show I went to. Some of the venues even patted every down to make sure they weren’t packing. I guess with ubiquitous smart phone that isn’t an issue anymore. So I got to take some pictures. We also went by the Science Center and the Zoo. The Science Center oddly isn’t nearly as fun when you’re not 10 years old but the Zoo is always awesome. An Orangutan came up to see us. Here’s some pictures from the Science
Center, the Zoo and Ringo.